Sub-pages:iOS IMAP Migration Outlook 2010 Outlook 2007
These are the basic steps for setting up our email with an email client:
You can find help files for setting up your email within webmail. You can log into webmail with this link https://webmail.compucast.com
To access your email via webmail, go to: http://webmail.YOURDOMAIN.com
You can change your password and find help files for setting up your email within webmail.
Once in webmail click Help >> Email Program Setup Cookbook.
Next select the email program you are using and follow the steps. We always recommend you access your email via Secure POP Connection.
These are the basic settings for setting up your email.
- Username is always your full email address, all lowercase. If you don't have or remember your password please let us know and we can reset it for you.
- Incoming mail server (POP3) enter "secure-email-8.luxsci.com"
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP), enter "secure-email-8.luxsci.com"
- DO NOT check the "Log on using Secure Password Authentication (SPA)".
In Outlook there should be an option under "More Settings..."
- In the "Outgoing Server" tab, you MUST check the box "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication".
- If you do do not do this, you will encounter errors when trying to send email.
- You can leave "Use same settings as my incoming mail server" selected.
- Click on the "Advanced" tab.
- At "Incoming server (POP)", check the "This server requires a secure connection (SSL)" checkbox.(The port number will automatically change to 995).
- At "Outgoing server (SMTP)", Select SSL in the drop down menu to the right of "Use the following type of encrypted connection".
- At "Outgoing server (SMTP)", enter the port number 465.
- Click on the "Ok" button.
Server settings (for external device configuration):